PNA

Cezary Zekanowski czarekz at warman.com.pl
Sun Aug 26 13:09:03 EST 2001

Hello all!

I am going to use PNA (peptide nucleic acids) oligomers to suppress
amplifcation of DNA sequence without a somatic mutation (as in
Behn&Schuermann NAR 26(5): 1356). I'm wondering if someone use this method
of "elongation arrest" to other genes than p53. Is it possible to use PNA
oligomers complementary to any DNA sequence or there are some preferences?
Is it difficult to optimize PCR conditions?

I am looking also for an commercial company where I could order PNAs.

I would be very obliged for any suggestions!

Thanks
Czarek

czarekz at iimcb.gov.pl