Gel voltages and times

Warren Gallin wgallin at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Fri Feb 9 11:51:26 EST 2001

The important parameter is actually the voltage gradient, V/cm.  The
trick is, you have to measure the electrode-electrode distance, which is
not necessarily the length of the gel.  So, if you happen to be running
the two gels in the same submarine apparatus, you would not change the
voltage at all.  If you are using a smaller apparatus, the ratio of the
inter-electrode distances is the relevant factor.

Warren Gallin