HELP again

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.ed
Thu Feb 15 09:46:06 EST 2001

In <96goiq$32g_006 at>, Dima Klenchin wrote:
>"Simon" <dtoycr at> wrote:
>:I am searching digestion enzimes, for example trypsin or other enzimes, that
>:could opetate at high temperature. Do you know if exist, in commerce, this
>:kind of enzime?
>Proteinase K works at 60C even in the presence of SDS.
>Is this good enough? It is sold by every biochemical
>company in existence.

I agree with the recommendation of using Prot. K in the lab to deproteinize
samples; I use it myself a lot. As to commercial use, I'm not sure, but ISTR
reading that a heat stable form of subtilisin is used in some commercial
cleaning products like laundry detergents, but I could be wrong.

Nick Theodorakis
nicholas_theodorakis at