disulphide bonds in nuclear proteins

Lyndsay Smith Lyndsay_Smith at xenova.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 11:14:30 EST 2001

Hi

I'm interested in some information on disulphide bond formation in proteins.
I've read that disulphide bonds are more stable in extracellular proteins
than in cytosolic proteins. My query is are disulphide bonds stable in
nuclear proteins? I'm studying the nuclear enzyme telomerase and would like
to know whether it is likely that its cysteine residues would form
disulphide bonds to help maintain its conformation. Any comments would be
gratefully received either about disulphide bonds in general or specifically
related to nuclear proteins especially telomerase
Thanks

Lyndsay Smith

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email contains confidential information and may be otherwise protected
by law.  Its content should not be disclosed and it should not be given or
copied to anyone other than the person(s) named or referenced above.  If you
have received this email in error, please contact the sender.