Insect supernatant inducing color change in Talon resin?

vladimir vigdorovich vladv at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 22 03:06:26 EST 2001

Hi, I am trying to optimize a purification procedure of a His-tagged
protein derived from Hi5 cells using Talon resin. When I apply clarified,
pH-adjusted (to ~8.0), buffered (supplemented with 20 mM Tris-HCl) supe to
the column, it slowly changes color to whitish-pink and the flowthrough
darkens. Some protein binds but I suspect that much ends up in
flowthrough.
Can anyone verify my suspicions that Co2+ is being leeched and/or suggest
a remedy?
Thanks,

Vlad
vladv at u.washington.edu