Insect supernatant inducing color change in Talon resin?

Aldert Zomer zomeral at biol.rug.nl
Fri Feb 23 04:26:38 EST 2001

vladimir vigdorovich wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to optimize a purification procedure of a His-tagged
> protein derived from Hi5 cells using Talon resin. When I apply clarified,
> pH-adjusted (to ~8.0), buffered (supplemented with 20 mM Tris-HCl) supe to
> the column, it slowly changes color to whitish-pink and the flowthrough
> darkens. Some protein binds but I suspect that much ends up in
> flowthrough.
> Can anyone verify my suspicions that Co2+ is being leeched and/or suggest
> a remedy?
> Thanks,

Is there some EDTA in your supe?

--
Ing. Aldert Zomer,                      | Tel: +31 50 36 32 360
Research Technician,                    | Fax: +31 50 36 35 205
IMEnz Bioengineering,                   | Email: zomeral at biol.rug.nl
PO BOX 14, 9750 AA Haren, Netherlands   | Homepage: http://www.imenz.com
Automated Medline search:
http://molgen.biol.rug.nl/cgi-bin/biomail/users.pl