gentle elution buffer

Dima Klenchin klenchin at
Fri Jan 19 11:08:07 EST 2001

Cornelius Krasel <krasel at> wrote:
:Dima Klenchin <klenchin at> wrote:
:> P.S. Isn't it funny that Pierce recommends storing this solution
:> in the cold? Like anything can grow in 3.5 M MgCl2!
:I have seen a lot of funny organisms (mostly fungi) growing in solutions
:where I never would have expected it. The most impressive thing that I
:can remember off-hand is some molds growing in 10% SDS.

Nope, halobacteria can grow in that high NaCl, but not in MgCl2.
Fact is, nothing grows there. We have a bottle of very old bought
Gentle Elution buffer as well as 1 year old stuff that I
dissolved and nothing is seen in either of them.

        - Dima