Need help generating strucural model from atomic coordinates

Cornelius Krasel krasel at
Tue Jan 23 04:15:15 EST 2001

Angelo Mondragon <aam at> wrote:
> I  have a basic question that I hope someone can help me with.  I am not a
> structural biologist but as a result of a collaboration I have  a set of
> atomic coordinate data  for a protein X-ray diffraction structure as a text
> list of ATOM records that look like this:
> ATOM     13  O   PRO    22      33.496  19.282  44.876  1.00 54.35      A
> I would like to generate a structural model of this protein

You already have a structural model. This looks suspiciously like a pdb
file. Open it with rasmol (I don't have any experience with QUANTA) and

On the other hand, if you want to know how to generate a nice picture
out of these data ...

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel at */