new proteomics publication

Dr. Artem Evdokimov eudokima at mail.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Jul 5 13:32:04 EST 2001

gene transfer (genetics)
signal transduction (signal transduction)
apoptosis (journal of apoptosis)
microarrays (biotechniques)
gene expression (biotechniques)
SNP technologies (same)
data mining (fancy name for computational biology)
2-D gel electrophoresis (journal of electrophoresis)
mass spectroscopy (several MS journals)
robotics and automation (techniques)
protein characterization (biochemistry, protein analysis)
PCR (biotechniques, journal of pcr)

And so I wonder : what IS proteomics ? Why is it different from good ole
biochemistry ?

Respectfully yours,

A.G.E.

--
|Dr. Artem Evdokimov   Protein Engineering |
| NCI-Frederick        Tel. (301)846-5401  |