Role(s) of metal(s) in proteins?

Josh jj_barnett at SPAMOFFfroggy.com.au
Sun Oct 7 08:08:07 EST 2001

Hi there. I'm a final year Bachelor of Biotechnology student doing a subject
called Protein Science in which I have to give a 10 minute presentation on
the above topic. I imagine this topic could take many hours/weeks of
discussion, but what are the main points that should be covered in this
talk? I have currently found information on metallothioneins and
cuproproteins, and then there are zinc fingers, haemoglobin/myoglobin and so
on and so on. Can anyone suggest URL's for me to have a look at? I think I
want to cover the basics, without examining anything in too much detail.
Thanks for any input!

jj.barnett at student.qut.edu.au also works for uni related emails...