Role(s) of metal(s) in proteins?

Josh jj_barnett at SPAMOFFfroggy.com.au
Sun Oct 7 23:45:18 EST 2001

Well, given that the talk only goes for 10 minutes, it is *impossible* to go
into any great detail...So, does anyone have a URL for me? At this point I
will probably just examine the structural and functional aspects of metals
in proteins, with one or two examples of each, plus a quick look at the
metal coordination complexes of proteins. Any disagreements?

There were a choice of 40 topics available for the students in the course,
ranging from the Greek Key, to zinc fingers, protein folding, beta barrels,
electrostatic interactions, glycosylation etc....SO, given the length of the
presentations and the scope of the subject, I guess the lecturer wants us to
do our own research and learn things that are not necessarily part of the
course. And, by nature, we will learn more than contained in the 10mins of
the actual talk. BUT, does anyone have any starting points to look at the
roles of metals in proteins?

news:IU5w7.80625$6q.8919872 at typhoon.neo.rr.com...