Prediction of protein structure

Mike Hanlon michael.hanlon at
Fri Oct 12 06:09:48 EST 2001

JPred is pretty good for secondary structure prediction:

When you say predict tertiary structure it depends what you mean:
1. True prediction (i.e. the protein folding problem) is not presently feasible
2. Homology modelling - if you can find a known structure(s) that is similar in
sequence to yours then build the model using that
3 ab initio - ticky, but there is stuff you can do such as fold recognition,