Hydrogen bonding between amino acids and DNA

Geoff Briggs geoff.briggs at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Oct 15 04:03:32 EST 2001

Qunfeng Dong wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Has anyone seen a score table showing observed numbers of hydrogen bonding
> bwteen amino acids and DNA?  It looks like the following,
>
>         A       C       G       T       total
> Gly     3       4       0       0       7
> His     0       0       0       0       0
>
> We are using such a table but we couldn't find the reference to it. Could
> anyone please tell me the reference (website, paper) to it? Thanks!
>
> Qunfeng Dong
>

> --
> Qunfeng Dong
> qfdong at iastate.edu

I think the paper you want is probably

Amino acid-base interactions: a three-dimensional analysis of
protein-DNA interactions at an atomic level.
N.M. Luscombe, R.A. Lasowski, J.M. Thornton. (2001) Nucleic Acids
Research, Vol. 29, No. 13, pages 2860-2874

Geoff.

--
Dr G.S. Briggs
Institute of Genetics