Role(s) of metal(s) in proteins?

Josh jj_barnett at SPAMOFFfroggy.com.au
Sat Oct 20 08:55:30 EST 2001

Thanks Francesco. Just wondering, can the role of metals in proteins be
simply classified as i)structual amd ii)catalytic, or are there more
functions. I have found a few examples of structural function as you have
described with the Mg2+, but can anyone describe an example of  a catalytic
function. ie a catalytic triad of aa's, electron clouds, proton donation
etc....?

news:9q7da1$n23$1 at news.colba.net...