optimization renaturation

Frank Fürst ffrank at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Apr 8 03:36:39 EST 2002

"Em" <ekhatipoREMOVE at midway.uchicagoREMOVE.edu> schrieb:

> "Vladimir Grubor @optushome.com.au>" <forwards<nospam> wrote in message
> news:a8r30j$o3$1 at ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au...
> > I heard from experienced people that it is best to slowly decrease the
> > denatureation gradient, rather than do a sudden transition.
>
> For some proteins it might be crucial to decrease denaturant concentration
> rapidly instead. [...] I believe that in most cases
> when slow dyalysis worked, it was simply because there were no or very small
> number of misfolded protein conformations that form aggregates.

No, sometimes slow refolding is best. This can occur if folding
intermediates are populated in any case, and they are solubilized by the
presence of denaturant, whereas they aggregate without it.

Of course, fast dilution out of denaturant into buffer containing other
additives might still be a better choice.

Bye, Frank
--
> Ich hab' in den Kernelsourcen mal nachgesehen: Es müßte das Modul
> 3c59x sein.
wie und wo sieht man in den KernÖl-Sossen nach?