2D: disappearance

Anne-Françoise Marchand anne-francoise.marchand at umh.ac.be
Fri Aug 2 03:15:29 EST 2002

Hi,
Two years ago, I have done about 50 2D gels (silver staining +
glutaraldehyde). After analyse, we have fond one very interesting
spot. Thus we decided to do the same maps (same protocol) with the same
sample frozen at -80°C. The spot had disappeard!

How can you explain that? Do you have any solution to find again the
spot? Do you have a protocol to extract a spot from a silver staining
gel with glut. (I shoud analysed the spot with a Q-TOF)? How can I know
the name of this spot?

Thanks for your ideas
Anne-Françoise
anne-francoise at umh.ac.be