HBx protein

Sulakshana Mukherjee mukherji at tifr.res.in
Fri Aug 2 06:57:51 EST 2002

Dear All,
I am presently working on HBx protein found in HepatitisB virus. The
protein has been cloned and over-expressed in E.coli. It is a His-tagged
protein. It has been found that the protein goes in to the inclusion
bodies when overexpressed. It has been reported that the protein has a
rapid turnover.

I wanted to know what does rapid turn over mean? And also wanted to have a
protocol for the purification of HBx. I am basically an inorganic chemist.

Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

with best regards,
Sulakshana

---