Is soyin the same as soybean agglutinin?

Frank Fürst ffrank at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Aug 6 08:11:15 EST 2002

I've come across an old article (1954) by I.E. Liener about a
hemagglutinating protein he calls "soyin". I searched for this name in
PubMed, SwissProt and whatever, but it cannot be found. Google only
gives links to old publications by Liener, but it seems he also has
dropped the term after some time.

>From the scope of Lieners work (search for liener-ie in PubMed), and
since I think that it isn't a protease inhibitor, I suspect that soyin
is what today is called soybean agglutinin (SBA).

Can anybody support or contradict this? Or perhaps even give a
reference?

(I set a followup-to to bionet.molbio.proteins, since I don't read the
plant group regularily).

Thanks, Frank
--
[Gesucht war ein MTA für Massenmailing]
Aus Stabilitätsgründen würde ich es allerdings vorziehen, wenn als