SDS PAGE optimization - defomed lanes

steven.leonard1 Steven.leonard1 at
Tue Aug 6 11:23:38 EST 2002

Which plant sample are you running and which part of the plant is it from?
<monsa at> wrote in message
news:20020722181708.22695.qmail at
> Hi,
> when I run some plant protein samples (especially different cell fractions
extracts) on 10% SDS-PAGE some lanes appear wider than others. The bands
become deformed. Does anybody know how I can fix this problem? I assume
there must be a problem related to the density, or may be to the different
protein content of the diferent extracts. Glycerol may also be contributing
to this deformation, since I also have this problem when I load samples
stored in 30% glycerol.
>  I would also appreciate is you can advice me as which the best loading
buffer to use for plant protein samples is.
> Regards,
> Gonzalo

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (