question: occupying protein with phospholipid?

mmryan at mmryan at
Mon Aug 12 11:33:28 EST 2002

I am presently involved in purifying a protein using bacterial expression and a His tag system.  My problem occurs after I have the protein purified.  I need to occupy my protein with a phospholipid to which the protein has an affinity for and it is at this step that my protein crashes out of solution.  My protein is generally in lysis buffer (phosphate) or lysis w/ imidazole from the His tag elution.  This protein behaves well in other buffers as well.  I can not use denaturing conditions.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks, Madge