finding oligomers with "intertwined" structure

Artem Evdokimov AEVDOKIMOZ at cinci.rr.com
Tue Aug 20 21:55:52 EST 2002

Look into the cys-protease superfamily, especially the cathepsins, there are
some interesting examples. IIRC, many proteases are expressed as  single
gene pre-proteins, then cleaved (often by themselves) into mature forms
which are, technically, heterodimers.

Hope this helps,

A.G.E.
news:87y9b1p7tb.fsf at pc201-37.biochem.uni-potsdam.de...