finding oligomers with "intertwined" structure

Frank Fürst ffrank at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Aug 21 11:51:54 EST 2002

Jiro Takei <j.takei at nih.gov> schrieb:

> Does "domain swapped" structures satisfy your criteria? I think that there
> was a list of such proteins in one of David Eisenberg's papers.

Thanks (and also to other people that don't get an answer),

well, not really. If its not a domain-swapping, but rather a "subdomain
swapping" or "strand swapping", which also occurs frequently, then it
literally fits my description. But since the domain is swapped, of
course the unswapped monomer will have considerable stability, too. What
I am really looking for is structures where "the monomer" would be just
a mess, and only the oligomer makes any sense, structurally.

Bye, Frank
--
[Gesucht war ein MTA für Massenmailing]
Aus Stabilitätsgründen würde ich es allerdings vorziehen, wenn als