Multiple antibodies in Western

Jason Wong 7jw6 at qlink.queensu.ca
Mon Dec 2 11:51:38 EST 2002

I'm probing for two presynaptic markers in guinea pig hippocampus,
SNAP-25 and synaptophysin.  I've purchased mouse monoclonal antibodies
from Stressgen and Dako respectively and have had excellent results
after a couple trial gels.  I'm currently trying to get the whole
stripping/reprobing thing working, but I had a question: can I
incubate my blots with two different primary antibodies at the same
time?  My bands are separated quite well (23 kDa and 38 kDa
respectively) using a 12% Tris-HCL gel.

Any input would be appreciated!  Thanks.