Western blot on Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE gel?

Fri Feb 15 12:10:56 EST 2002

When you Coomassie-stain the gel, you basically fix it with weak acetic
acid, which means you precipitate proteins in the gel. Thus, depending on
the properties of a protein in a particular band, it might or might not
re-solibilize and be transferred to the membrane. IMO, you may be able to
transfer some proteins partially, and if you are lucky enough you might even
be able to immunoblot them. I am not sure that it worth reinventing the
wheel when you can do the opposite: do the transfer, immunoblot and then
Coomassie- or silver-stain the _membrane_.

Emir

news:3C6C8B26.75487142 at ccrc.uga.edu...