Trouble removing contaminating proteins from amylose resin

Artem Evdokimov AEVDOKIMOZ at
Mon Feb 18 11:27:47 EST 2002

I wish they published more about the actual composition of the amylose resin
and the specific chemistry of the linker. The amylose resin is indeed
somewhat strange, however we have in the past used beta octyl glucoside (but
not dodecyl maltoside, for obvious reason!) with it and everything was OK.
In your case, if your parasite proteins bind really tightly then you
probably will end up with some serious additional purification - try HIC yet

Good luck,

Artem aka A.G.E.
"John Everett" <kellere at> wrote in message
news:5a7ca595.0202172204.466ceffe at
news:<5dBb8.52974$Hu6.14207829 at>...