A 2D electrophoresis problem during IEF

RJ RJ230 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:50:53 EST 2002

I hope I can get an answer to this question. After the isoelectric
focusing step is finished successfully, most of my proteins seem to
precipitate in the IPG strip as I can easily see them as nicely focused
bands throughout the strip. The problem is to get the proteins move into
the second dimension gel. Has any one come across such a problem and if
yes, is there a solution? I should mention that my protein sample
contains glycoproteins, some of which are highly glycosylated. My
rehydration buffer system is Urea/Thiourea, SB3-10, CHAPS, Biolyte 3-10.

Thanks for your help
RJ