problem with anti-DNA-PKcs ab

Lisa Gabrielle Defazio ldefazio at
Mon Jan 21 14:30:54 EST 2002

I've got a problem with the Serotec rabbit anti-DNA-PKcs antibody.
Every time I do a western, the whole membrane gets a very dark background,
and while a single band is distinguishable, it is very hard to see against
the background.  This is not due to non-specific binding since it is not a
banding pattern, just a dark background, and is done against purified
protein anyway.  I never have this problem with other antibodies, just
anti-DNA-Pkcs.  Does anyone have experience with this?