help please!

Azutrum mmuurrttuuzzaa at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:02:18 EST 2002

Hi,

  Can anyone please explain what is proteolysis. I looked it up and
all I understand is that it is the hydrolysis of proteins which causes
them to break down. Is this correct or not? If it is not please tell
me what it is?

   Also please explain what is the " Ka-Mg2+ ". My understanding is
that ka is the acid dissociation constant. But I thought that applied
to acid which gain electron. But how does it apply to Mg2+. If I am
totally wrong please explain what it may be.
I am reading an article on Allosteric inhibition of
Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate and it says that mutated ones have a higher
Ka-Mg2+. "what does that mean? Thanx