PROBLEM WITH RP-HPLC PURIFICATION OF PEPTIDE

Tue Jul 2 18:07:59 EST 2002

I would try ion exchange resin instead of RP. Your peptide is negatively
charged and should be well soluble in water.
Emir

<shibbu_r at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:20020702215153.21164.qmail at ww02.hostica.com...

> I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE PURIFICATION OF 26 AMINOACID PEPTIDE PREPARED BY
SOLID PHASE PEPTIDE SYNTHESIS. THE SEQUENCE IS

>     NH2-CGGGEGGGEGGGEGGGEGGGEGGGEG-CONH2
>
> THEY ARE PREPARED BY FRAGMENT CONDENSATION OF TETRA PEPTIDES.
>

> PEPTIDE IS NOT VISIBLE AS A PEAK IN TFA(PH2) AND AMMONIUM ACETATE (PH 5.5)
BUFFERS. IN AMMOUNIUM BICARBONATE BUFFER (PH 7) IN C18 9.4*250mm  COLUMN IT
HAS RETENTION TIME OF ABOUT 3.5MINUTES AND IT COELUTES WITH OTHER DELETION
PEPTIDES OF MY SOLID PHASE SYNTHESIS.