Help protein localization

deleonardis at farmbiol.uniba.it deleonardis at farmbiol.uniba.it
Sun Jul 7 04:54:22 EST 2002

Hi,
I'm a Ph d sudent and I'm working for an ipotetical mitochondrial or
peroxisome carrier protein (human)  (maybe Aprille's carrier) and I just
work with my protein fused with GFP, but I dont'have any evidence of
mitochondrial localization for my protein (i used CHO cell). So, the best
software for alignment give an high omology with Ca2+ binding solute carrier
protein  of rabbit.....but other softwares say that my protein is
cytosolic(Prosite, ecc) . I study  in vitro (ricostituited into
proteoliposome) the transport of my protein cloned and overexpressed in
Does anyone help me, such as say me the best software for subcellular
loclization ....ecc.
Thanks.

http://www.biowww.net/index.php/forum/forumlist/1/