SDS PAGE optimization - defomed lanes

monsa at monsa at
Mon Jul 22 13:17:08 EST 2002

when I run some plant protein samples (especially different cell fractions extracts) on 10% SDS-PAGE some lanes appear wider than others. The bands become deformed. Does anybody know how I can fix this problem? I assume there must be a problem related to the density, or may be to the different protein content of the diferent extracts. Glycerol may also be contributing to this deformation, since I also have this problem when I load samples stored in 30% glycerol.
 I would also appreciate is you can advice me as which the best loading buffer to use for plant protein samples is.