SDS PAGE optimization - defomed lanes

Artem Evdokimov AEVDOKIMOZ at
Mon Jul 22 20:51:59 EST 2002

Density, ionic strength, viscosity, or all three. If your sample is
DNA-rich, overloaded, or too salty - weird things will happen.
Dilute, treat with DNAse, dialyze.

<monsa at> wrote in message
news:20020722181708.22695.qmail at
> Hi,
> when I run some plant protein samples (especially different cell fractions
extracts) on 10% SDS-PAGE some lanes appear wider than others. The bands
become deformed. Does anybody know how I can fix this problem? I assume
there must be a problem related to the density, or may be to the different
protein content of the diferent extracts. Glycerol may also be contributing
to this deformation, since I also have this problem when I load samples
stored in 30% glycerol.
>  I would also appreciate is you can advice me as which the best loading
buffer to use for plant protein samples is.