2D gel: spot disappearance

Anne-Françoise Marchand anne-francoise.marchand at umh.ac.be
Fri Jul 26 02:49:37 EST 2002

Hi,
Two years ago, I have done about 50 2D gels (silver staining  +
glutaraldehyde).  After analyse, we have fond one very interesting spot.
Thus we decided to do the same maps (same protocol) with the same sample
frozen at -80°C. The spot had disappeard!

How can you explain that?  Do you have any solution to find again the
spot? Do you have a protocol to extract a spot from a silver staining
gel with glut. (I shoud analysed the spot with a Q-TOF!)?
How can I know the name of this spot?

Thanks for your ideas.
Anne-Françoise.
anne-francoise.marchand at umh.ac.be