2D gel: spot disappearance

caro c.paulus at NOSPAMibmc.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Jul 26 07:09:47 EST 2002

dans l'article 3D40FE45.94064027 at umh.ac.be, Anne-Françoise Marchand à
anne-francoise.marchand at umh.ac.be a écrit le 26/07/02 9:49 :

> Hi,
> Two years ago, I have done about 50 2D gels (silver staining  +
> glutaraldehyde).  After analyse, we have fond one very interesting spot.
> Thus we decided to do the same maps (same protocol) with the same sample
> frozen at -80°C. The spot had disappeard!
>
> How can you explain that?  Do you have any solution to find again the
> spot? Do you have a protocol to extract a spot from a silver staining
> gel with glut. (I shoud analysed the spot with a Q-TOF!)?
> How can I know the name of this spot?
>
> Thanks for your ideas.
> Anne-Françoise.
> anne-francoise.marchand at umh.ac.be

Hi,

Maybe there was some  protein degradation during the storage . And then,
some proteins become modified and move on your 2D gel ( pHi modification,
proteolysis...)
Bye

Caroline