western blotting and white bands

Fri Jul 26 16:29:59 EST 2002

Too much protein in the band is the reason. I believe it happens because too
much luminescence bleaches the X-ray film. For these particular samples you
should load at least 10-fold less protein on the gel. Otherwise, if you are
not interested in any other bands but these, use polaroid camera to actually
photograph the filter, or scan the picture using a CCD camera. The light
coming from such bands is so bright that you can see them.
Emir

<axavier at nd.edu> wrote in message
news:20020726194044.11115.qmail at ww02.hostica.com...
> Currently I am running western blots of urine from cancer patients.  Using
various antibodies, we have seen the development of dark bands up until
recently.  However, we have been seeing white bands appear along with the
positive dark bands.  There is very little literature on the white bands.
Is there any known reason for this new trend?

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_molbio_proteins&begin=0