Redox fusion partners

Artem Evdokimov AEVDOKIMOZ at cinci.rr.com
Thu Mar 7 18:26:36 EST 2002

There's a number of articles (some of which are written by my ex-boss) on
the subject. It seems that not everything is solubilized equally, and not
all fusion partners are equal. MBP seems to not only solubilize, but also
partially improve folding, for instance.
One of the ideas is that the fastest-folded fusion partner sequesters the
unfolded polypeptide chain of the other fusion partner and thus prevents
these unfolded chains from crosslinking. Given time, these chains become
ordered. There's a number of other theories too :)

A.G.E.
news:dtMh8.43$s4.2500 at news.uchicago.edu...