A 2D electrophoresis problem during IEF

Jean-Etienne Poirrier jepoirrier at nospam.student.ulg.ac.be
Fri Mar 8 09:57:33 EST 2002

Hello,

I use urea, thiourea, AG501-X8, IPG Buffer 3-10, DTT and Chaps. It works
fine. Do you rehydrate your gels correctly ?

Very stupid question but it may happen : how do you see your bands ? Do you
reveal your 1D gels ?

Because I never see bands when 1st dimension is finished. But I sometimes
reveal my 1st dimension gels with my 2nd dimension gel AFTER the transfer
and migration in the 2D gel. But I use a fix solution -> I cannot get any
protein out of fixed gel.

It's arather stupid question, I know.

Hope you'll find some help.

Jean-Etienne Poirrier