Measuring peptide concentration

Artem Evdokimov AEVDOKIMOZ at cinci.rr.com
Sun Mar 17 18:09:09 EST 2002

Well.

It depends if you have Phe, Thr, Trp. If you do then calculate the
theoretical A280 ratio and measure unfolded in 6M guanidine. This is
reasonably close to reality. If you wish to get more accurate then you can
use any of the colorimetric assays. If you wish to get even more accurate
then you should use quantitative N-terminal sequencing or total nitrogen
analysis.

Cheers,

A.G.E.
news:b87a9ugslasbigp8lm4dhkqc4p0soe0se7 at 4ax.com...