protein precipitation

EK khatipovNO-SPAM at
Wed Nov 20 13:44:46 EST 2002

If you don't care about losing activity of the protein, then TCA should be
fine. However, you might want to check out Pierce's Compat-able reagent (no
affil.). It seems like it works pretty good. Also check the company which
patent pierce use in this reagent (I don;tremember the name, it is sais on
the Compat-able lable whose trademark are the reagents in th ekit.

<s.hannier at> wrote in message
news:20021120133411.343.qmail at
> I would like to concentrate a sample of proteins with less than 1 ug
(aout 900ng) in 1ml. What is the best precipitation method to use for a
maximum recovery? I have heard about deoxycholate/TCA but it seems that
recovery is 50% , which is not very good. Any advice?