protein precipitation

EK khatipovNO-SPAM at NO-SPAMuchicago.edu
Wed Nov 20 13:44:46 EST 2002

If you don't care about losing activity of the protein, then TCA should be
fine. However, you might want to check out Pierce's Compat-able reagent (no
affil.). It seems like it works pretty good. Also check the company which
patent pierce use in this reagent (I don;tremember the name, it is sais on
the Compat-able lable whose trademark are the reagents in th ekit.
Emir

<s.hannier at abdn.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:20021120133411.343.qmail at ww02.hostica.com...

> I would like to concentrate a sample of proteins with less than 1 ug
(aout 900ng) in 1ml. What is the best precipitation method to use for a
maximum recovery? I have heard about deoxycholate/TCA but it seems that
recovery is 50% , which is not very good. Any advice?

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_molbio_proteins&begin=0