silver stain problem

Artem Evdokimov AEVDOKIMOZ at
Thu Oct 10 21:56:48 EST 2002

Most likely poor wash in between changes of reagents, or you have
inadvertently heated the gel at the developing stage.

<beismann at> wrote in message
news:20021010142432.2660.qmail at
> Hello,
> I have done silver stains of SDS gels many times before but last time
something strange occured: I got an inverse stain with dark background and
light protein bands (altogether rather faint). Before this stain, I prepared
fresh thiosulfate buffer, and formaldehyde was freshly added to the silver
solution and the developing solution.