High school protein purification lab

Les Erickson FLERICKSON at salisbury.edu
Wed Oct 16 11:07:09 EST 2002

Purify GFP from E.coli that overexpresses it.  You can use a cheap, handheld UV light to monitor the fractions.  Or purify rubisco from plant tissue.

Les

F. Les Erickson, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Biological Sciences
216 Henson Hall
Salisbury University
Salisbury, MD 21801
(410) 677-5366
http://henson1.salisbury.edu/~biology/faculty/Erickson.html

>>> <jculp at egreen.wednet.edu> 10/16/02 11:43AM >>>
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a new protein purification lab for my high school students.  Our equipment and supplies are limited.  We have a couple of specs and ability to do chromatography.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I understand that this is very general question.  Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Jeff Culp
Heritage High School
Vancouver WA