Ab purification problem

Lou D'Amico ljd3 at duke.edu
Thu Oct 17 13:07:52 EST 2002

Thanks for the thoughts.  I'm not sure i can answer all of the
questions, so you gave me something to think about!
The antigen injected into the guinea pig was native, and had activity
in vitro.  I suppose it could be orienting on the matrix in a way
that's hiding the recognized epitope, but i thought with a large
antigen, and a polyclonal antiserum i'd get a cocktail of recognizing
Ab's that hit on multiple epitopes with varying specificities...  a
couple of the companies i talked to said i didnt need a spacer between
the matrix and the target protein because of the size of the target
protein.  That said, I don't have any idea what actually is the
epitope, and if it's continuous or discontinuous.

Does that make anything else come to mind?  Thanks for thinking about
my problem!

-Lou D'Amico