SDS-PAGE protein processing

mdsgshl2 at man.ac.uk mdsgshl2 at man.ac.uk
Mon Oct 21 08:08:49 EST 2002

I am looking at p2xy protein using an antibody plus rat brain control. I find that I am getting one molecular weight for the rat brain which is also seen in my protein samples. This specific band disappears with preabsorption. However, when I run a different protein sample from cultured cells using a human brain control I also get matching bands in my control and test proteins but they are at a much higher molecular weight, using the same antibody. All the bands also disappear using preabsorption.
can anyone explain what might be happening as I am looking for the same protein in the cultured and other samples using the same antibody but getting different molecular weights?

Thanks

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_molbio_proteins&begin=0