mRNA secondary structure and protein expression level

danielak at danielak at
Mon Sep 16 13:56:56 EST 2002

Artem Evdokimov wrote:

> I am assuming that you have already checked for all sorts of 'simple'
> problems, such as spontaneous mutations in the promotor region, frameshifts,
> etc. Could it be a nasty case of proteolysis ?

I have sequenced gene - RBS included- to be sure, that there is not frame shift or any other mutations. I have not sequenced promoter region – I can do that.
Lately I have heard about adding protease inhibitor PMSF directly into medium. Does it make any sense?