not just sequence dictates 3D?

Adrian AdrnLgrvtn at
Fri Sep 20 22:57:07 EST 2002

saco at (Saco) wrote in
news:85160b48.0209180945.389b152 at

> Besides amino acid sequence, environment (pH level, temperature, etc.)
> dictates tertiary structure too.

Are there some PRECISE databases listing how conformation changes for
particular protein item/identity/sequence and, AS WELL, pH, temperature,
and other factors?
As far as the protein databank entries as I know (sorry
for ignorance) usually for each protein item entry only one 3D-strucure is
presented. If this is not correct, please, provide me with some link (or,
wishfully, with ad hoc explanation)!

In general, what protein database gives the richest information on relation:
sequence->fold ??? Could You please give me the url?

Thank You in advance,
Adrian Laugarvatn

Serwis Usenet w portalu ->