2D apparatus

SDA fa245812 at skynet.be
Wed Apr 2 12:18:15 EST 2003

we were recently confronted with this problem and ended up with the
BioRad system. It is certainly a lot cheaper, the accessories are
plastic rather than highly expensive (breakable) ceramic and there are a
  couple of independent publications (kindly provided by BioRad), that
directly compare the results with the Pharmacia systems, and which show
that results are completely comparable. Importantly perhaps, the BioRad
system is much easier to use.
good luck,
Mark