Protein with 13 Prolines

D.K. dk at
Wed Dec 3 18:09:39 EST 2003

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:04:44 +0100, frank at (Frank Küster) wrote:
>senmehmetsen at (Mehmet Sen) schrieb:
>> There are also 4
>> cysteine, making s-s bonds.
>Hm, and possibly PDI with the right GSH-GSSG cocktail.

Just couple questions here, Frank:

I am about to embark on my first "serious" refolding effort
for crystallization purposes. I found literature both
disparate and overwhelming. Any hints on finding out
what "right" GSH-SSSG cocktail is? Also, what is the usual
source for PDI? Do people buy it or express themselves?
Just how serious is the improvement upon PDI addition
(success rate or yield)?