Protein solubility

seemakhandelwal2000 at yahoo.co.in seemakhandelwal2000 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Dec 12 06:31:43 EST 2003

Dear All,

I would be very grateful if any one could point me to relevant literature or sites that give an insight into the principle and steps used in the study of protein solubility.
1. Can one identify soluble forms of a protein by make many deletions of the full-length ORF ( or truncate ORF from either 3' end or 5' end and check the expression of soluble proteins).

Are there any published information about generating truncations in a complete ORF followed by cloning and study the expression to see which truncated protein get expressed to highest level?

Please excuse if I am being dense.
Thanks in advance.

Seema

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_molbio_proteins&begin=0