Protease activity assay kit?

John Everett everett at mbcl.rutgers.edu
Sat Feb 1 14:31:32 EST 2003

Proteins group,

  I am working with a protein that I believe is a
cathepsin homolog.  I am interested in testing
the protein for protease activty.  There are several
flurogenic tripeptide analogs available yet I can
not afford to purchase the entire gambit of reagents:
( Cathepsin B - K and papain like enzyme substrates )
Does any one know of a "Protease assay test kit"?
For example, a commerically available kit that provides
a small ammount of an assortment of protease substrates.

   Thanks!

        John
John Everett
Rutgers University