DEAE membrane

Nora Plesofsky nora at cbs.umn.edu
Thu Feb 20 18:13:13 EST 2003

I wish to follow a procedure for locating glucose-phosphorylating
activity (e.g., hexokinase) activity in a gel by impregnating a DEAE
(anion exchanger) membrane with reagents for glucose phorphorylation.
The phosporylated glucose should then stick to the membrane. I now
learn that S&S no longer makes their NA45 membrane, and I don't know of
any other or comparable membrane that is available. Whatman sells small
(2.5 cm) ion exchange paper discs that could be tried, but they would
be awkward for a 10 cm gel. The large sheets Whatman sells are
astronomically expensive.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to supplier of an anion exchange
membrane or substitute?

Thanks.

Nora Plesofsky
nora at biosci.cbs.umn.edu